Our privacy commitment
This policy was updated on 25 January 2017
This application is provided by GreenBe Systems on behalf of your Local Government or Council. GreenBe Systems and your associated Local Government entity takes the privacy of the participants using these online services seriously.
Upon signing up to this service, all personal information and data you provide is available to GreenBe Systems and your associated Local Government.
We are committed to making the city-wide rewards experience a great one for all users and shall always have utmost respect for your personal information and data shared as a part of the web applications.
In order to provide a great experience to you when earning points by participating in city wide activities, taking questionnaires and surveys, checking in to local businesses and redeeming rewards with participating reward partners, we require some personal data such as your name and email address from you; otherwise we cannot provide rewards, events, challenges and tailored additional ways to earn for being a part of the services.
This is our obligation to you. Whenever we collect and process your data, we will do so with your benefit in mind, by making the customer experience better for you.
How does the service use my data?
The website and application consists of a website and online-based platform through which registered individuals who sign up to the application can participate in a variety of activities offered to earn "reward points". Reward points can be earned via home recycling, participating in city-wide events and activities, taking quizzes and surveys, uploading content, using products, checking in to businesses and redeeming rewards with participating businesses ("Services"). You can then redeem reward points for rewards that may include discounts, digital content and products, services, and other rewards.
When you use the application and website, our servers may:
1. automatically record information about your use of the website such as offers viewed and/or used, stores visited, information you entered, and
2. record information derived from such information and other sources such as entries and offers viewed on the website, or information provided by participating businesses.
In addition, when using the application and website, we may ask that you provide us with some personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") – that is Personal Information about you that can be used to contact you or identify you, and information on your use or use of the application and related online services.
Personal Information that we might collect may include things such as your name, phone numbers, email address, home address, age, place of work, work address. Personal Information may also include other information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of using the Services. We may also receive Personal Information from participating businesses provided by you in the course of your using the website, or from third parties, subject to the limitations of the Privacy Policies of those participating businesses or third parties. The terms "using" and "processing" information, as used in this policy, include using cookies or other storage means on a computer or mobile device, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organisation.
We use Personal Information only for the following purposes:
1. to administer the Services,
2. to provide, improve and optimise the Services,
3. to personalise your customer experience,
4. to provide you with software updates and/or reward announcements,
5. to better understand your individual needs and interests, and
6. to provide you with further information or activities that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as city based education, surveys, targeted events and rewards around you.
We also collect or access non-personally identifiable information when you use our website, which search terms you used, or which referring/exit pages brought you to our page, device type and date/time information. We may use this information in conjunction with additional non-identifying information that you may provide us when signing up for your Account (for example, your gender or date of birth) for a few purposes. This allows us to analyse trends through aggregated demographic and psychographic information about our users generally, and thus, for example, to improve features and functionality of the Services and to make our Service more personalised and relevant to you.
You can change your preference to not receive direct electronic communications by unsubscribing from these messages at any stage.
In all other cases, we only share data with participating businesses in a non-personally identifiable form.
At no stage does your associated local council or GreenBe Systems pass any personally identifiable information to another third party.
We may use "cookies" (a cookie is a small data file that is kept in your browser for record-keeping purposes), and/or other storage on your computer or device) to help us collect, maintain, and use this information, for two purposes. First, to make the interactions easier and more personalised for users, we may utilise persistent cookies to save information relating to your Account and/or activity for future interactions with the website. Second, to better understand how you interact with the website and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Website, we utilise session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Services. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Website and then close your browser. Third party advertisers on the Website may also place or read cookies on your browser. At any time, you can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please understand that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Website.
When do we disclose information?
We will not share any such personally identifiable information about you with anyone else, except if we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Aggregated Information. As noted above, we may share with third parties or the public (through government or press articles) 'aggregated data' in such a format that does not at any time disclose any Personal Information.
- Compliance with Legislation. We must cooperate with law enforcement agencies to enforce and comply with statutory and/or criminal legislation. We reserve the right to track IP addresses for the purposes of fraud prevention, and to release IP addresses to government authorities if requested. We will disclose information about you to government agencies or private parties when we believe reasonably necessary to comply with law, to protect the property and to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer your Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation at which time you will be notified of such a transfer and have the opportunity to have your data deleted if you so wish.
How can I change or delete my information?
You may review, update, correct or delete your Information in your account profile by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you completely delete all such information such as a verified email address, then your account may become deactivated. Alternatively, if you would like us to delete your Account and/or remove your records from our database, please contact us and we will delete your account within 28 days if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record.
Is all my data secure and encrypted?
We employ administrative and electronic security encryption measures which safeguard and protect your information from unauthorised access. In addition, we will delete information after it is no longer useful for providing the Services.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Services in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with
1. the legitimate needs of law enforcement or
2. any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to other websites
The application and website is not for use by persons under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Information without their consent, please contact email@example.com
If we become aware that a member is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete all information from our servers.
-- If you would like to make an access request or wish to provide feedback about this policy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org